We are looking for an experienced System Administrator to assist in Windows Server system administration: troubleshooting, maintenance & support of virtualized hosted systems (primarily VMware), DR provisioning/testing, improving infrastructure, admin support documentation and resolving client system issues.
***The position is targeted for Monday to Friday, 3PM to Midnight, Pacific Time. We would expect work to be mostly remote and that right candidate will be located on or near the US West Coast or Hawaii***
- Work within a small but very technical team delivering high quality support to our valued clients.
- Windows server system administration and troubleshooting.
- Troubleshooting and resolving VMware environment issues.
- Help run DR tests on Windows and Linux systems, working with related vendors & business users.
- Ensure that tasks (backups, OS & application patching) and client requests are dealt with in an organized & timely fashion; document & report status; escalate urgent problems and work with other team members to resolve.
- Monitoring servers, services and client issues/requests.
Day-to-day system, application & workstation support.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and document solutions related to systems, applications & client workflows.
- Monitoring Ticket Queue and Responding to client issues.
- Provide an end of shift update to the London Team.
- Monitoring backups and system availability via various dashboard systems.
- 4+ years experience supporting Windows servers in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience in troubleshooting issues with VMs, Windows Server, SQL & IP networking.
- 2-3 years VMware/ESXi experience at a vSphere level. Design experience preferred.
- Good problem-solving ability and interest in learning.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible, proactive, good interpersonal skills.
- Linux skills.
- Experience with AWS, Microsoft Azure, Veeam & Citrix XenApp platforms.
- Work in a small but very experienced team in a fast growing company.
- Exposure to a wide range of software & hardware with significant opportunity to advance & learn.
- Company reimbursed tuition for relevant training. GNS positively encourages skills development and learning opportunities.
- Candidates must be able to legally work in the United States. Sorry, we cannot sponsor a visa.
- Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching by company. Usually around 3% of salary annually.
- Flexible spending account
- Good Health insurance
- Professional development assistance
- 3pm -> Midnight, US Pacific Time
- Primarily Working Remotely but will also schedule trips to relevant local GNS offices.
- Windows Server Administration: 4 years (Required)
Principals Only Please (No Recruiters).
Salary: $80,000 - $110,000 USD
commensurate with experience
Location: US West Coast or Hawaii