Generic Network Systems (GNS) is looking for an Account Executive to help our sales effort to continue to grow our successful technology managed services and hosting business. You can work remotely, but you must live within commuting distance from one of our key markets of New York City, Los Angeles, or San Francisco. We have offices in New York City and will provide an office for you to use for meetings, hybrid work, or full-time use if desired.
GNS is a boutique technology managed services and hosting company, primarily for investment firms. We manage systems all over the world from our NYC, London, San Francisco & Portland, OR offices. We have collocation sites in North America, Europe and Asia. We also heavily leverage the public cloud. We serve over 130 clients primarily in the Financial Services sector. You will have complete access to the founders and owners who are involved in our day-to-day operations.
We are a small company, and you will have a great deal of freedom to shape the sales process. We will supply technical, and market knowledge and support, but you must be a self-starter who can help design and manage comprehensive sales campaigns for our various markets. We have been in business since 2007, we are well known in the industry, and we have a deep sales pipeline for you to mine. We have some exciting new products and services, and we need you to help us get them out to the market.
- Seek out new potential leads, engage with them, and convert them to clients
- Introduce and explain new services and capabilities to our existing client base in order to expand our relationship with them
- Work with business partners and our existing database of contacts to find new business opportunities, and help us to convert those opportunities into clients
- Help us design and implement new sales campaigns based on changes in our industry
- Write service proposals, explain and present them to prospective clients
- Obtain AWS and Azure (business) certifications with our help and support to increase your knowledge and capabilities
- 4 years minimum experience selling a complex technical product
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Be able to work independently and think outside the box to develop leads
- Experience selling complex technical solutions to demanding clients
- Some understanding of computer infrastructure, cloud hosting, and technology
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert proficiency with MS Word and Excel
- Good conversational skills in person and on the telephone
- Experience and relationships in the buy side financial services industry
- Understanding and experience in securities trading or post-trade clearing
- Technical knowledge of computer infrastructure and/or networking
- Experience/Knowledge of AWS and Azure cloud platforms
- Comprehensive Extensive Benefits package
- Full medical 100% paid by Company
- Work in a small but very experienced team and expand your knowledge
- Company reimbursed tuition for relevant training and education
- Flexible working environment
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- Base Salary plus substantial commissions. Unlimited upside for a top performer
- Limited travel to conferences and remote prospects
- Candidates must be able to legally work in the USA. We cannot sponsor a visa.
- Principals Only Please (No Recruiters)
Salary: $80,000 - $150,000 USD commensurate with experience
Location: New York City, Los Angeles, or San Francisco