A combination of project work and resolving client issues
in a small but technically savvy and dedicated team.
We are migrating many of our systems from VMWare to Proxmox/KVM
so the successful candidate will be very involved with this, building
out an excellent, robust hosting environment for a variety of software services.
There will be several projects involving security hardening and performance
tuning on Linux systems.
- 5+ years experience with UNIX/Linux servers, in a system administration capacity.
- RHEL certified or equivalent
- Good Knowledge of KVM and Proxmox
- Scripting skills in Python and Bash
- Solid Experience with Database systems such as MySQL/MariaDB, PostgreSQL, NoSQL
- Degree in Computer Science or science-related field.
- Good problem-solving ability and interested in learning new skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Extra consideration will be given to candidates with the following:
- Experience running a project.
- Good working knowledge of Zabbix and/or other monitoring systems
- A firm commitment to proving support documentation for other staff
Salary: $85,000 - $120,000 USD
commensurate with experience
Location: North America